The Nominations Committee of the Equality Fund Board is currently extending a call for nominations to fill open positions on the Board of Directors. We are looking for individuals with Finance credentials, in-depth knowledge of Canadian financial law and risk management practices, and who are committed to advancing a feminist governance model that matches the radical ambition, rigour and power of our global vision.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new Board member who is interested in building Equality Fund’s new strategy that liberates our movements from unsustainable models of the past and accelerates the revolutionary, unfulfilled power of women, girls, and trans people everywhere. We are seeking a strong feminist partner to join our diverse and dynamic Board.
Our ideal Board members come from diverse backgrounds (including LGBTQI+ and Global South), and possess a passion for global feminist social change. Successful candidates will support and advance the values and culture the Equality Fund embodies, including a nimble, fast-paced environment poised for taking smart and courageous risks. The Equality Fund Board of Directors is made up of 18 members. For this round of recruitment, the nominations committee is seeking to identify a new member who could bring a combination of the following skills to the Board. Based on a skills analysis of the current board, areas identified in bold are priority for this cycle of board nominations.
- Finance experience with business strategy, management, and/or risk in both for-profit and not-for-profit settings – CA, CPA, CAFM, CRM or equivalent designation essential
- Experience within the Canadian regulatory environment
- Currently, or formerly, operating at a senior executive level
- Impact investing experience, with a particular focus on gender lens investing
- Legal expertise
- Leadership expertise
- Communications and/or marketing expertise
- Experience with feminist action or activism
- Other Board Director experience
- Supporting and/or working within intersectional feminist frameworks
- Prepare for and participate in board and committee meetings
- Fulfill governance and stewardship role to ensure the long-term success of the organization
- Help the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities including approval and oversight of the annual budget
- Assist in the development, review and update of board policies and governance structures
- Participate in strategic planning sessions
- Monitor the financial performance of Equality Fund and participate in the approval of the annual budget and Financial Planning
- Monitor internal controls, accountability, transparency, and risk management areas
This is a volunteer position, requiring Board members to participate in one 1-2 day in-person meetings and three half-day video conferences per year. Each Board member is asked to participate in a committee – Governance, Finance and Audit, or Investment – committees meet an average of 4 times a year for one hour virtually. Board terms are three years, and renewable once.
EF believes deeply in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, and all other protected grounds under the Human Rights Code. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the process and beyond, please indicate this in your application.
At Equality Fund, we do not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form.
Please submit your nominations by July 28th, 2023 to Mary Bridger at [email protected].