Equitable access to the Internet, and safety once you are online, is a fundamental human rights issue—affecting every person’s ability to participate fully in society. Yet every day, womxn face unequal digital access and the pervasive threat of online violence. HER Internet is a womxn-led organization that seeks to shift this reality by advocating for the digital rights and internet freedoms of all womxn, with a particular focus on lesbians, bisexual and queer womxn, and female sex workers. By providing practical tools, training, and dialogues to support digital engagement and safety, HER Internet is ensuring that more womxn are equipped with the cybersecurity information and skills both to protect themselves and advocate for feminist principles in the online world.
- INFOGRAPHIC: Digital safety tips amid COVID-19
- GRAPHIC: The women’s movement is…
- POSTER: World Mental Health Week
- RESEARCH REPORT: “The trends and impact of technology assisted violence among lesbian, bisexual, queer (LBQ) womxn and female sex workers in Uganda” (2021)
- HANDBOOK: Decoding Online Violence (2021)