Andrea works as a Program Officer at the Equality Fund, where she supports the implementation of the Women’s Voice and Leadership — Caribbean project. Together with other team members, she ensures that project expectations are met both financially and programmatically, while supporting the implementation of key project activities ranging from grantmaking to capacity-building, coordinating project communications, and actively contributing to the overall strategic development of the project. Prior to joining the Equality Fund, Andrea worked in the design and implementation of policies and regulations in the Latin American region, mostly related to biodiversity conservation and indigenous peoples. She also gained significant experience, including in Canada, in the design and management of a wide range of development projects. Even though her work has mostly focused on the environmental aspect of sustainable development, gender equality has always been present throughout her work. Andrea holds a Bachelor’s degree in Law from the University of Lima and a Master’s degree in Environment and Sustainable Development from the University of Glasgow, and a Certificate in Project Management from the University of Toronto. She is committed to working towards the advancement of gender equality and women’s rights around the world, and is particularly interested in the intersection between gender, the environment, and sustainable development.
Andrea CalmetProgram Officer, Women's Voice and Leadership - Caribbean
- ~|icon_profile~|elegant-themes~|solidAndrea Calmet
- ~|icon_id-2_alt~|elegant-themes~|solidProgram Officer - Women's Voice and Leadership — Caribbean
- ~|icon_star~|elegant-themes~|solidPronoun(s): she/her
- ~|icon_quotations_alt~|elegant-themes~|solidWords to Inspire: "You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." - Jane Goodall
- ~|icon_pin~|elegant-themes~|solidOttawa, Canada
Donate to the Equality Fund
At the Equality Fund, we don’t just give together, we grow together. We are a powerful community of changemakers—standing shoulder-to-shoulder with feminist movements around the world. Together we are making it possible for investments in gender equality to go father, last longer, and dig deeper than ever before. Join Us.